Become a part of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association family! Members of the League of the CSOA are passionate ambassadors, volunteering through a wide range of activities.
Classic, classy and world-class — that’s Chicago’s own CSO! But what’s behind the baton? Since 1934, the League of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association has worked behind the scenes to serve and support our renowned symphonic institution.
Composed of more than 250 members, the League offers many musical education programs for youth and adults alike, creates fundraising events that top the million-dollar mark, hosts diverse and elegant salons and seminars and showcases opportunities to meet a global assortment of musicians, conductors and artists.
Whether your goal is concert subscriber, program planner, project leader, financial supporter or all-round volunteer, the League of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association needs you. With audiences around the globe, music will always be the universal language — so help spread the word! Be a part of something spectacular: Join the League today!
Programs of the League
Programs of the League span music appreciation, fundraising and education. Our members are passionate ambassadors volunteering for a wide range of activities. Here are just a few of the many programs:
- The signature Fall in Love with Music Luncheon featuring a CSO guest artist.
- The annual Musicians’ Luncheon that honors CSO musicians.
- Annual sponsorship of a Civic Orchestra of Chicago musician.
- Adventures in Music partnership program, which provides school and community organizations with access to CSO educational resources and CSO for Kids: Family Matinee concerts.
- The Crain-Maling Foundation CSO Young Artists Competition, which showcases the talents of Illinois’ most exceptional young soloists.
- Docent Program in which a CSO volunteer prepares students for concert attendance and appreciation of symphonic music.
- Area Engagement Events that provide opportunities for fellowship and audience-building in local communities.
- And many more!
• VIP Ticket Service
• Opportunities to meet world-class artists
• Voting privileges
• Subscription to the League’s newsletter, Opus
• Invitation to hear talented student musicians at the Crain-Maling Foundation CSO Young Artists Competition
• Invitation to an exclusive luncheon with CSO musicians
• Invitation to Appreciation Week, an annual complimentary event
• Invitation to the CSOA’s Annual Meeting
• Advance sales to CSOA fundraising events
• Member discount at The Symphony Store
• Access to the Music Resource Library, including books and CDs
• Pay annual dues of $100
• Contribute $100 or more to the CSO Annual Fund (tax-deductible)
• Support the CSO through concert attendance
• Join one or more League committees that plan programs
• Financially support one League fundraising event
• Attend a League meeting (Formal meetings occur three times per season, combining a business meeting and musical program.)
League Event Calendar
Stay up to date on all League happenings by visiting us on Facebook.
Vice President of Administration
Vice President of Events
Vice President of Membership
Vice President of Fundraising
Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Areas
Vice President of Marketing, Chair of Strategic Planning
Members at Large
Mary Beth Dietrick
Become a Member
To join the League, please complete the membership form and return via email or mail. Contact information can be found on the form.
Support the League
To make a League Annual Fund contribution, please follow the link below for credit card payment. Please choose “League Annual Fund” as the Gift Designation. Alternatively, you can send a separate check for each payment to:
League of the CSOA Office
220 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL, 60604-2559