Become a member of the Theodore Thomas Society
All planned giving donors enjoy the benefits of membership in the Theodore Thomas Society, named in honor of the founding music director of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
Through special activities and access to VIP Patron Services, the Theodore Thomas Society honors its members by enhancing their appreciation of music and their sense of belonging to the CSO family.
How can I become a member of the Theodore Thomas Society?
Simply make a financial arrangement to benefit your Chicago Symphony Orchestra!
To become a general member of the Theodore Thomas Society, it is not necessary to provide documentation. However, we appreciate knowing the details of your plan. You can use this form to share your plans. That way, you can be sure that the gift works as you intended.
To receive the additional benefits of the Stradivarian Associates, a unique group within the Theodore Thomas Society, we ask you to provide documentation of an irrevocable planned gift of $50,000 or more, or a revocable planned gift of $100,000 or more.
What are the general benefits of membership?
• Annual Theodore Thomas Society Luncheon in connection with a concert at Symphony Center.
• Invitation for two to the Annual Meeting of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association.
• Recognition in program books throughout the season and in the Annual Report. (Those who wish to remain anonymous may certainly do so.)
• Invitations to exclusive CSOA events.
• Access to VIP Ticket Service.
What are the additional benefits enjoyed by the Stradivarian Associates?
• Full dining membership in the Richard and Helen Thomas Club at Symphony Center (temporarily closed).
• Invitations to additional exclusive CSOA events.
• Listing in the Donor Wall display on the historic Orchestra Hall main staircase.
Theodore Thomas Society Roster
To learn more about making a planned gift to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra or becoming a member of the Theodore Thomas Society:
- Read the CSO's Guide to Planned Giving
- Check out our latest Planned Giving Newsletter
- Complete our Bequest Intention Form
For More Information
We would be happy to help you understand the options available and the ways to go about setting up a plan that is just right for you. Contact a member of our team to help answer any questions you might have.
220 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60604