Step into the big green meadow with Peter, the young hero of Prokofiev’s musical tale. This children’s favorite tells the story of a boy who risks his own safety to protect his dear friends: a duck and a bird. This program, which features the amazing Magic Circle Mime Company, proves that you don’t need to be grown up to discover courage inside yourself!
CSO School Concerts are age-appropriate, engaging and educational performances that introduce students in grades K-8 to an orchestra and symphonic music. This season’s programs feature music that inspires excitement, courage and connection after two years of uncertainty and isolation. Before the concert, teachers receive online resources that help prepare their students for their field trip to Symphony Center.
Join us for extraordinary musical encounters with the amazing musicians for the CSO, and many rich connections to school curricula.
For questions and information, call 312-294-3076.
Reservation details are to be announced soon.
Free tickets and transportation are provided to CPS schools attending CSO for Kids School Concerts and Once Upon a Symphony. For more information, visit the FAQ page found here
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is committed to creating a comfortable, enjoyable and safe environment for all and is looking forward to welcoming school groups back to Symphony Center. For designated school performances, we are planning the following safety measures:
- All attendees are required to wear face coverings at all times and in all areas of Symphony Center, including while seated during the performance. Face coverings should be worn properly, covering the nose and mouth, and meet Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) standards. Neck gaiters and bandanas are not permitted. Those arriving without an appropriate face coverings will be provided a disposable face mask.
- Those who are not feeling well, are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or have had or been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 10 days should not come to Symphony Center and will not be permitted entry.
- School groups will be seated by individual classroom/school pods with at least one empty row between each pod. One chair will remain empty between each student as well.
- School group members are encouraged to sanitize their hands frequently while at Symphony Center, and follow other public health best practices, such as frequent hand washing.
- Symphony Center has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and has an air ventilation (HVAC) system that meets all CDC-recommended guidelines.
- Please note: while proof of full vaccination is required for all patrons ages 5 and older attending public performances, this requirement will not be in place for School Concerts. The practices outlined above have been reviewed by public health professionals and policies may change based on the latest public health recommendations.