Created by former CSO Mead Composer-in-Residence Mason Bates, Oscar-winning sound designer and Steven Spielberg collaborator Gary Rydstrom and animator Jim Capobianco (Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc.), Philharmonia Fantastique: The Making of the Orchestra is a virtuosic concerto for orchestra and animated film. The piece zooms inside orchestral instruments to discover how sound is made and brings the instrument families together in a spectacular, pulsing finale. Perfect for ages 5 and up!
Safe and Sound Updates for CSO for Kids Programs
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is committed to creating a comfortable, enjoyable and safe environment so audiences of all ages can experience the joy of live music.
Safe and Sound measures, including COVID-19 mitigation and mask requirements for concertgoers, will remain in effect until further notice and continue to be reviewed regularly based on the needs and comfort of musicians, patrons and staff.
Here are some helpful tips for family audiences visiting Symphony Center:
- Patrons 5 years of age and older are required to provide proof of full vaccination or a negative antigen test taken no more than six hours prior to entry, and those 16 years of age or older also need to provide a valid photo ID.
- Children younger than 5 years old must provide proof of a negative antigen test no more than six hours prior to entry.
- All patrons ages 2 years old and up are required to wear a face mask.
- Convenient parking with direct access to Symphony Center is located at the Grant Park South Garage at 325 S. Michigan Ave., which offers special rates for patrons.
- Flexible exchange and return policies are in place for this performance.
- Learn more at cso.org/SafeAndSound