Carnival of the Animals
Mother and Child
The Carnival of the Animals
Plan Your Day Downtown
Make an afternoon of your visit to Symphony Center with this easy-to-use guide, including parking and dining deals and fun postconcert activities.
Pre- and postconcert activities at Symphony Center
From 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Family Matinee attendees have access to an array of free Orchestra Explorer Activities located on floors 1-5 of the Symphony Center Rotunda:
- 1st floor – Chamber ensemble performance and Building Crossword Puzzle
- 2nd floor – Try out musical instruments at an instrument petting zoo
- 3rd floor – Create your own animal mask
- 4th floor – Play an English/Spanish memory matching card game
- 5th floor – Mini-Maestros conducting activity with the Civic Orchestra Woodwind Quintet
To access the Rotunda, enter Symphony Center at 67 E. Adams St. and walk straight back. From the Michigan Avenue lobby, walk down the Arcade Hallway to the right of the box office until you reach the Rotunda.
Support for Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association programming for children and families is provided by Abbott Fund, John D. and Leslie Henner Burns, John Hart and Carol Prins, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Kinder Morgan, PNC, Courtney Shea, Megan and Steve Shebik, Michael and Linda Simon, the Walter and Caroline Sueske Charitable Trust and an anonymous family foundation.