The 2022-23 seasons of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Symphony Center Presents are just weeks away, and members of the Sales and Patron Experience team are here to help. The box office opened for single-ticket purchases on Aug. 3 — in person, by phone and online — and subscriptions for all series are available.
Can't decide which concerts to select? Over the next weeks, staff members will offer their own choices for the must-see performances of 2022-23.
Fran Spellman, Patron Services associate, cherishes special moments of attending CSO and SCP concerts with her late husband, Ron, and those memories will factor into her choices for this season. In addition, since Riccardo Muti is marking his farewell season as music director, Spellman says, “And it goes without saying that I will get to all nine of Maestro Muti's concerts in 2022-23.”
1. Sept. 22-23 and 27, Riccardo Muti, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and pianist Yefim Bronfman. The season begins in fine fashion with Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 2 and Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 1.
2. Oct. 6-8, Muti, the CSO and Maurizio Pollini. I have loved Italian pianist Maurizio Pollini forever and was so happy to see he is returning.
3. Jan. 31, Juan Diego Flórez. The Peruvian-born tenor is someone new to my opera picks, and I’ve been listening to him ever since learning he is coming to CSO. A beautiful voice and handsome he is.
4. Jan. 29, Leif Ove Andsnes. My husband Ron loved Leif Ove, and together we had special moments listening to this great pianist.
5. Oct. 13-16, Amadeus Live! The movie also was a favorite of Ron’s, so I will bring family with me to enjoy listening and seeing this movie based on the life of Mozart.