In the Overture Council over 100 Chicago-area young professionals share a love of music and a mission to support the CSO. We offer a range of opportunities to connect with new friends and become involved with one of the world’s—and Chicago’s—cultural treasures:
- Concerts-of-the-Month: join us at pre- or postconcert receptions to learn about the evening’s program and meet CSO musicians
- Recommended Concerts: join OC members for select Civic Orchestra and the MusicNOW performances and informal gatherings—great music at a great price!
- CSO 101: selected CSO staff provide the inside scoop, such as how to pack a tuba for a tour, or what treasures lie within the Rosenthal Archives
- Volunteer opportunities supporting the Institute for Learning, Access and Training
- Social gatherings where you network with fellow professionals from across the Chicago area
- Committee roles and officer positions that give you the chance to build organizational and communication skills
- Overture Council Events
Tuesday, April 29: CSO 101: Backstage Tour
6:00 p.m., Symphony Center, Armour Stage
Open to OC members and guests
You’ve seen what happens on the stage. Here’s your chance to see what happens behind — and under — it. Afterward, join OC members for an informal gathering at tesori.
RSVP for the Backstage Tour >
Download to your calendar >
In the spirit of the Citizen Musician Initiative, OC members enjoy unique opportunities to support the CSO’s outreach and community activities.
- Membership Benefits
When you join the Overture Council, you become an integral member of the CSO family. The Overture Council offers its members the chance to interact with CSO artists, staff and supporters, as well as the following benefits:
- Invitations to Overture Council member activities, including pre- and postconcert receptions, social networking events and volunteer and skill-building opportunities.
- An invitation to the CSO’s Annual Meeting.
- An invitation to the annual Appreciation Concert.
- Advance sales to the Symphony Ball and invitations to other CSO fundraising events.
- News and information about the CSO’s activities through the CSOA’s Insider newsletter email.
- Membership Requirements
- Give a minimum yearly Annual Fund contribution of $50 (per household).
- Pay yearly dues: $50 per individual or $90 per couple.
- Attend two or more Symphony Center concerts each season.
- Overture Council Executive Committee
- Dan Luby, President
- Tammy Hsu, Activities Chair
- BeLinda Mathie, Membership Chair
- Larry Saviers, Communications Chair
- Susie Lape, Outreach Chair