BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
In its seventh season, the Overture Council is a dynamic group of Chicago area young professionals aged 25–45 who have a love of music and a desire to learn more about how to support the CSO. With over 100 members and growing, the Overture Council has quickly carved its place amongst young professional groups in Chicago. Overture Council members receive exclusive access to member social events with CSO musicians and other special opportunities. Connect with new friends who share the same interests, by becoming a part of the CSO family.
THE ROLE OF THE OVERTURE COUNCIL
The role of the Overture Council is to build upon the CSO’s audience development initiatives by fostering a community for Chicago-area young professionals within the CSO family. Overture Council members contribute to the mission of the CSO through concert attendance and advocacy of the diverse musical offerings of the CSO and its community programs. In addition, the Overture Council supports the Negaunee Music Institute at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra by raising funds in support of a Civic musician scholarship.
- Overture Council Events
Our 2015/16 calendar will be ready in August. Stay up to date on all Overture Council happenings by visiting us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CSOOvertureCouncil.
- Membership Benefits
When you join the Overture Council, you become an integral member of the CSO family. The Overture Council offers its members the chance to interact with CSO artists, staff and supporters, as well as the following benefits:
- Invitations to Overture Council member activities such as pre and post-concert gatherings, volunteer opportunities with the Negaunee Music Institute and other networking events.
- An invitation to the CSO’s Annual Meeting.
- Access to a special “Create Your Own” subscription package just for members.
- Special discount on Symphony Ball tickets and invitations to other CSO fundraising events.
- Receive insider news and communications from CSO leadership.
- Committee roles and officer positions that give you the chance to build organizational and communication skills.
- Membership Requirements
- Give a minimum yearly Annual Fund contribution of $50 (per household).
- Pay yearly dues: $50 per individual or $90 per couple.
- Attend two or more Symphony Center concerts each season.
- Overture Council Executive Committee
- BeLinda Mathie, President
- Erika Knierim, Activities Chair
- Claudine Tambuatco, Audience Outreach Chair
- Margaret Hlebowitsh, Communications Chair
- Rosalyn Emerson, Membership Chair
- Dan Luby, Immediate Past President