CSO ASSOCIATION EMPLOYMENT
Be part of the world-renowned Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. Many different talents and skills are needed to provide management and support for this cultural treasure.
Provide excellent customer service and sales skills as a member of the sales team for The Symphony Store. Responsible for assisting with many aspects of the retail operation, including helping customers in store and over the phone, completing sales transactions, reconciling cash drawers, and performing select stock duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a friendly, helpful, and professional atmosphere on the sales floor at all times by greeting all customers assisting with their shopping needs.
- Complete sales transactions and refunds through Lightspeed Point of Sale, ensuring accurate payment processing and issuing correct change.
- Account for proper tax collection on all sales transactions.
- Reconcile cash drawer at the end of all closing shifts.
- Maintain clean and proper appearance of sales floor.
- Gain and use knowledge of Symphony Store discography, including recordings by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Maestro Riccardo Muti, to assist customers and guide audio sales.
- Help customers over the phone with placing phone orders and redirecting calls to appropriate in-house contacts.
- Sell guest artist merchandise and assist in setting up CD signings for select subscription and Symphony Center Presents concerts.
- Perform stock duties, including receiving and pricing merchandise, restocking the sales floor, and completing semi-annual inventory counts.
- Assist in maintaining Symphony Store eCommerce website. Responsibilities including, but not limited to, uploading new items, editing current listings, photographing merchandise, and preparing web orders for timely shipment.
- Direct report to Store Manager.
- Other contacts include: customers, volunteers, subscribers, donors, and CSOA staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Classical music experience preferred.
- Retail experience in a non-food setting.
- Appropriate customer service, communication, and sales skills.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Ability to use computerized cash register.
- Accuracy in counting money and merchandise.
- Website content development and maintenance experience preferred.
- Photography and photo editing experience preferred.
Pleasant retail environment. Shifts vary from 6 to 8 hours, Tuesday through Sunday. Ideal candidate will have availability on evenings and weekends. Must be able to stand 4 to 6 consecutive hours while on sales floor. Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.