CSO ASSOCIATION EMPLOYMENT
Be part of the world-renowned Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. Many different talents and skills are needed to provide management and support for this cultural treasure.
Assist members of the public relations team in day to day PR activities that support the PR efforts and media opportunities for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. This is an unpaid internship. Applications are currently being accepted for the Spring term.
Conduct daily clip scans for mentions of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra; maintain clipping files. Research and develop social networking and online media database. Work with Director of Public Relations on writing assignments and press releases as assigned. Work closely with Publicist on maintaining and updating social networking sites such as Facebook. Work with Assistant on posting press releases online. Gather guest artist materials and information. Service requests for information and photos. Populate photo database. Assist in day to day press list management. Proofread PR materials. Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
1. Upper level (college junior or senior) and/or graduate student pursuing degrees in English, Arts Management, Public Relations, Music, Journalism or Communications preferred.
2. Knowledge of classical music and prior PR experience a plus.
3. Experience with research and database population.
4. Detailed oriented; excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
5. Strong computer skills required; HTML knowledge a plus.
6. Must be available 15-20 hours per week; schedule flexible.