CSO ASSOCIATION EMPLOYMENT
Be part of the world-renowned Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. Many different talents and skills are needed to provide management and support for this cultural treasure.
CIVIC ORCHESTRA INTERN (nonpaid)
This internship with the Civic Orchestra seeks to expose the ideal candidate to all aspects of running an orchestra including personnel management. The internship is ideal for students interested in Arts Administration looking for hands- on experience. This is an unpaid internship.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in maintaining Civic databases, including attendance database, ticket inventory, Meet the Musicians profiles and photos, concert rosters, as well as some website design
2. Work with ArtsVision software to assist in room bookings for rehearsals, and for Civic musician use
3. Assist the Civic Coordinator with rehearsal preparation and personnel management (full-orchestra and sectionals)
4. Assist in creating and maintain active alumni database
5. Assist in fielding general questions and requests from current Civic members as well as Alumni and patrons as requested
6. Attend staff meetings as needed
7. Other general office work as requested by the Civic Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
1. Experience with computer programs including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Formal education in music and/or business with interest in personnel management
3. Good judgment in high-pressure situations that may demand immediate decision making and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
4. Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Ability to work well with all constituencies.
6. 10-15 hours availability per week with some flexibility