In the Overture Council over 100 Chicago-area young professionals share a love of music and a mission to support the CSO. We offer a range of opportunities to connect with new friends and become involved with one of the world’s—and Chicago’s—cultural treasures:
- Concerts-of-the-Month: join us at pre- or postconcert receptions to learn about the evening’s program and meet CSO musicians
- Recommended Concerts: join OC members for select Civic Orchestra and the MusicNOW performances and informal gatherings—great music at a great price!
- CSO 101: selected CSO staff provide the inside scoop, such as how to pack a tuba for a tour, or what treasures lie within the Rosenthal Archives
- Volunteer opportunities supporting the Institute for Learning, Access and Training
- Social gatherings where you network with fellow professionals from across the Chicago area
- Committee roles and officer positions that give you the chance to build organizational and communication skills
- Overture Council Events
Interested in joining the Overture Council? Email the Overture Council to attend an upcoming event as a prospective member.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 5:30 p.m. - End of Season Celebration, Symphony Center
5:30 p.m. Wine Reception, Grainger Ballroom
6:00 p.m. Private Performance by the CSO's Percussion Scholarship Group
Afterwards, Food, Drinks and Refreshments in The Club at Symphony Center
End the season with a bang! Enjoy a performance by members of the Percussion Scholarship Group. Led by CSO percussionist Patricia Dash and Douglas Waddell, percussionist with the Lyric Opera of Chicago, the PSP provides Chicago-area young people weekly percussion instruction on a full scholarship basis. The PSP group has performed regularly at Symphony Center and the Chicago Cultural Center as well as appearing on WGN and WTTW TV and WFMT radio.
Afterward, join us in The Club at Symphony Center as we toast the conclusion of another successful season.
RSVP by Wednesday, June 19. Open to Overture Council members and a guest.
Download to your calendar.
- Membership Benefits
When you join the Overture Council, you become an integral member of the CSO family. The Overture Council offers its members the chance to interact with CSO artists, staff and supporters, as well as the following benefits:
- Invitations to Overture Council member activities, including pre- and postconcert receptions, social networking events and volunteer and skill-building opportunities.
- An invitation to the CSO’s Annual Meeting.
- An invitation to the annual Appreciation Concert.
- Advance sales to the Symphony Ball and invitations to other CSO fundraising events.
- News and information about the CSO’s activities through the CSOA’s Insider newsletter email.
- Membership Requirements
- Give a minimum yearly Annual Fund contribution of $50 (per household).
- Pay yearly dues: $50 per individual or $90 per couple.
- Attend two or more Symphony Center concerts each season.
- Overture Council Executive Committee
- James Borkman, President
- Dan Luby, President-Elect
- Tammy Hsu, Activities Chair
- BeLinda Mathie, Membership Chair
- Larry Saviers, Communications Chair