Instrumentalists and vocalists attending a public, private, parochial, home or community music school in Chicago, Illinois can compete for a chance to perform at a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert at Symphony Center. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumental and vocal soloists and ensembles of up to five members performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform live on stage at a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert on June 20, 2012.
- • An opportunity to perform on stage before a live audience at a Chicago Symphony Orchestra
concert at Symphony Center
- • Private coachings with professional musicians
- • Recognition in the concert program
- • Professional photos of rehearsal and performance on stage at the concert
- • $100 Visa® Gift Card for each winning student
- • Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 attending any public, private,
parochial, community music or home school located in Chicago, Illinois.
- • Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be between
13 and 19 years of age as of January 20, 2012.
- • Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We're here to help
If you need any assistance preparing student acts, recording performances, completing the application or anything else that might come up, please email email@example.com or call Ingrid Burrichter at 312-294-3156.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must submit a completed application form with an audio-video copy of your performance act. If entering as an ensemble, each individual ensemble member must submit his/her own application.
All entries must be received by 5:00pm (CT) on Friday, January 20, 2012.
Applications may be submitted by mail or delivered in person to Ingrid Burrichter, YAC at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 220 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60604.
2011 Young Artists Competition Video
Friday, January 20, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Announcement of winners:
Week of February 13, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Fidelity Investments is the Lead Corporate Sponsor of the Institute for Learning, Access and Training.